Spain

Barcelona was my favourite city in Europe! It reminded me of Melbourne (100 times the size). The Spanish are welcoming and content - they create a beautiful culture and atmosphere, the shopping is different with a huge variety and the city is filled with narrow alleyways, cute alternative restaurants and endless streets to explore. OH and I consumed plenty of sangria, tappaz and paella - my favourite food in Europe! Another thing about the Spanish - they have a 'siesta', which is an afternoon nap. The city is quiet in the late afternoons, and the Spanish return at night and stay up late - dinner at 10pm and the clubs fill up at 1am.

A passage from my diary in Barcelona:
"..It feels really nice to wake up and remember you're on the opposite side of the world, and still have one month to explore Europe. Each day is made of enjoyment and discovery, discovering the world and yourself.."


My friend Tori and I went shopping, exploring, got lost and found our way. We stopped along the way for tappaz and sangria (favourite foods) and later that night enjoyed the paella! I spent a fortune at Topshop and American Apparel although I wasn't taking notice of currency (only in Europe)
GRACIOUS



This entry was posted on Thursday 18 September 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply