Switzerland

Switzerland really surprised me as I had minimal expectations. 

The country side and scenery was amazing and I saw snow for the first time!!




We took a train up Europe's highest-altitude railway station to Mount Jungfrau which is 3454m above ground level (the highest point one can reach in Europe). It was -4 degrees up the top and many people experienced altitude sickness. There was cafes, restaurants, ice caves and an outside area where we had a snow fight. Towards the end of the day I felt sick and dizzy from altitude - it was so cold and actually hard to breathe! Although I'm so glad I had the experience as I've never touched snow before!

The remainder of our time in Switzerland was spent down by the river, enjoying the Contiki parties with other groups, going for walks and limited amount of rest/sleep in-between. 


This point is about half way through my travels and I'm really starting to miss everyone at home. Although I feel gratified to have people I miss, and proud to have made this trip into a reality. Every now and then I look around and observe, remind myself what it took to get here and feel thankful and contented where I am!



This entry was posted on Thursday 18 September 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply